You may have noticed a few changes around here. We’ve upgraded the site to include some pretty nice features, including:
- Owners can manage their dog’s information—name, pedigree link, contact information, etc.*
- Owners can enter their dog’s information once, eliminating the need for repetitive data entry
- Owners can attach test result scans to the DNA test submission form
- Owners can see the status of their entries
If you are new to the site and want to add your dog’s DNA test results, you’ll need to:
Register. Create an account so that you can log on to the site. When you receive an email with an activation link, click on the link to finish the registration.
Log in. Log-in to access your “Manage Your Dogs” page. Your page will look like this screenshot.
Add Your Dog. To add your dog, simply click on the “Submit New Dog” button and fill out the form. Your dog’s information will be added to the database and you will be able to see it on this page. Your dog will be highlighted in yellow to indicate its pending status. You will be able to see your dog’s name here, but it will not appear in the list of tested dogs until you add a DNA test and it is verified by the site administrators.
Add DNA Test Results. To submit a DNA test, click the “Submit DNA Test” button to the right of your dog’s name. Fill in the form and submit it. Repeat this for each DNA test you wish to submit.
You are required to submit a copy of the test results you received from the testing laboratory so that we can verify your submission. There are four ways to do so:
- By attaching a digital copy to your submission form (click “Choose File” under the Results Image section to upload your file)
- By emailing a digital copy to the site administrator at results(at)goldendna.org
- By mailing a paper copy to the site administrator (contact us for the mailing address)
- By including your OFA number for this test result if you’ve registered it with the OFA
Once we have verified your submission, it will be posted to the site.
If you already have dogs listed on the website and wish to manage them yourself, the process is initially the same, but requires us to associate your dog(s) with your user account.
Register. Create an account so that you can log on to the site. When you receive an email with an activation link, click on the link to finish the registration. If you log in, your “Manage Your Dogs” page will look like the screenshot above.
Contact Us. You will need to contact us with the name(s) of your dog(s) currently listed on the site so that we can assign them to your user account. We will send you an email once we have done so.
Manage Your Dog. You will then be able to log in and administer your dog’s information. You will be able to add DNA test results to a dog or dogs already listed on the site and will be able to add new dogs directly to your account.
All DNA test results will remain pending until they have been verified by the site administrators. Owners will not be able to edit or change DNA test results. If you notice an error for one of your dog’s results, please contact us so that we can fix it.