The purpose of this database is to record the results of DNA testing performed on individual Golden Retrievers. Participation is voluntary and there is no charge to be included in the database. All test results are verified by the site administrators prior to being posted on the website.
In order to participate, there are three steps a dog’s owner must complete.
- Register with the site.
- Submit your dog’s general information—registered name, registration, owner’s name(s), etc.
- Submit your dog’s DNA test results. This includes submitting a copy of the test result certificate one of three ways:
- By attaching a digital copy to your submission form
- By emailing a digital copy to the site administrator at results(at)goldendna.org
- By mailing a paper copy to the site administrator (contact us for the mailing address)
Once you’ve completed these steps, the site administrator will verify your dog’s information and results and post them to the website. You will be able to view the status of your submissions and manage your dog’s information from your “Manage Your Dogs” page after logging in. Because all DNA results are verified before posting, only the site administrator has access to and can edit the dog’s DNA test results.
If you already have a dog or dogs listed on the site and would like to be able to manage their information, please register, then contact us to have your dog(s) assigned to your account.